When people think of a roof on a house, most will think of the typical asphalt shingles. While these are considered the most common type of roofing material used, another alternative has been increasing in popularity: steel roofing sheets. Metal roofs come in a variety of materials (all chosen depending on personal preference) such as:
In comparison, metal roofs have numerous advantages over the asphalt shingles. However, homeowners still ask whether a metal roof is right for their home. Here are some reasons why a metal roof can be right for you and your home:
- If you are a homeowner that plans on staying at their home for a longer term, at least one re-roofing cycle, there are financial benefits to getting a metal roof. Because they have a longer lifespan, you will not spend as much money on replacing roofing materials. Asphalt roofing has a shorter lifespan and it needs to be replaced more often because they are more likely to be damaged by the outdoor elements.
- If you care about the exterior aesthetics and value of your home, installing a metal roof will keep a fresh and consistent look over the years, making your home look beautiful and simultaneously adding property value to it. Asphalt roofing is more susceptible to the elements, and tend to show their age quicker.
- If you are an environmentally conscious homeowner, metal roofing is the right choice for you. Metal roofing is 100 percent recyclable, sustainable and is energy efficient. Steel roofing is one of the most eco-friendly options around.
- If your home is located in an area that is prone to extreme weather, metal roofing is good for being durable in high winds, severe snow, firestorms and more because of its light weight and interlocking panels.
- A good part of your home’s exterior is the roof. In fact, metal roofing comes with a variety of style options, making it very likely that your roof will be a beautiful and unique one. This increases the curb appeal of your home.
- Metal roofing is great for enhancing your attic ventilation. Good ventilation (via roofing) can make your home warmer, save energy and avoid any ice damming in snowy areas.
- Metal roofing is good if your home has complex roof lines. If your roof is complicated or steeper than average, which means that there is a lot of labour involved in re-roofing, so it makes sense to just install a metal roofing once, and not have to invest in spending money on added labour.
If you are someone who plans to stay in their homes for years to come and wants a roofing option that provides curb appeal, peace of mind, is cost effective and increases property values, metal roofing is right for you! Contact Green Metal today for any of your roofing needs.